Thursday, December 18, 2008

Home

We are back home! We are so happy to be home with the boys, and been showing videos, pictures and sharing stories with Karl and Trygve. They are excited for the next trip, as they will be going with us, and witnessing it all first hand. We left her with pictures of all of us, and toys, blanket, and her favorite doll.

We are just totally amazed at the trip, how it went and the outcome. We are so sad to leave her there, but she is in good hands and will be safe. Kaia and I did a lot of talking on the way home, and are just amazed at how this happened to us. I believe that God was working and guiding us through this process, that started a long time ago. She was meant for our family, and Karl and Trygve were meant to be her big brothers. I have never experienced anything quite like this.

It is SNOWY here, and boys Christmas Break from School started early. It is just perfect-we went sledding today, had a great day with them and talked a lot about having a baby sister. There are some deep 9-year old thoughts happening, and it is neat to see unfold with them. They will LOVE having a little sister, and will be so good with her.

There is no place like home.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dada said...

Well, Kiddo's, I have set this picture as my computer wall paper and will not remove it until you have Sylvi save and sound at home on Camano! This has triggered so much emotion and tears at our house; such unexpected joy and outpouring of support from all of us to you. The Dixons

Tegan said...

Hey guys I was talking to my parents tonight and they were telling me about your amazing story and the beautiful little girl Sylvi that you are adopting!! I had to come and take a look for myself. What an wonderful experience and blessing this it for you and Sylvia. I look forward to more photos and updates along the way. Take care and Merry Christmas!

Tegan Conger (Powell)