Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hard



We are waiting to be picked up to go say 'good bye' to her for a while-we fly out this afternoon, right after we see her. A bit sad, but we are so thrilled with the outcome, of course.

We will have a continual stream of videos and pictures running for the next four months at our house. Feel free to stop by, as we are cancelling cable and netflix, and just dedicating a tv to run a constant loop of Sylvi Vids and Pictures.

Isaiah 43:5-7 "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth-- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."

Snowing here, just fitting weather for this. Heavy feelings.

This will be one of the hardest thing I've done.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rich, Liz, Bella and Olivia said...

We are thinking of you all and send all our love. Big hugs from the Nords.
Love ya!

Kent and Annie said...

This is Annie McCabe-Chalmers. I got your blog address from my grandmother Colleen Swanson. I think I tear up every time I read your blog and see the beautiful photos and read of the journey you are on. She is the most perfect little girl for your family! I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for the process to go quickly so you can have her in your arms forever!

Annie

Jill said...

We are praying and thinking about you at the Vail house. I can't imagine what you are going through to have to leave little Silvi. I'm so glad that you are comfortable with her surroundings and confident she will be well taken care of. And, you are blessed with two sweet boys back here that will help you make the time go by quickly. I'm sure you have a lot to do to prepare for your new family addition. Your next trip to Khabarovsk will be here before you know it! We all can't wait to meet her!

Karen said...

Congratulation on your little Silvi...she is beautiful. I can't imagin how hard it is to leave your little girl...I hope the time goes by very quickly & the 5 of you are all together, before you know it! I'm SO happy for the 4 of you & hope to meet your new pride and joy, when she's home with you. (we'll have to do a play date with Silvi & Katelyn.) =) Merry Christmas! Karen Bevens

Jamie Johnson said...

Wow, so glad you made it back, but understand all the emotions that must come with it. I have to say that my girls are so excited about baby Sylvi...They have both named their dolls after her! In fact today they have been playing baby Sylvi...I know they were as touched by your YouTube as I was (I saw tears in both their eyes too)! Well, since it's so cold outside... and I've been trapped for 6 days...I broke out the old crochet hook and I'm so excited to start a project for her! I can't decide...a hat? Or a blanket...it will come to me!
So excited for you and the boys!
Love always,
Jamie